As of March 17, 2020, our Santa Barbara and Santa Maria America’s Job Centers of California (AJCCs) are closed to the public.
We recognize that there is an increased need and urgency for employment services. Therefore, you will continue to access services and resources via the phone, via email or online. Furthermore, our AJCCs are taking every possible measure to shift previous in-person services to remote/virtual. We will keep you informed as they become available. Critical services that require in person interaction will be done by appointment only.
For dislocated/laid off workers, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Career Services can provide the following benefits, to the extent that services can be provided in person or virtually:
- Employment services including job search assistance, career planning, workforce preparation activities.
- Short-term pre-vocational services
- Training services (vocational or on-the-job training)
For more information or for appointments, connect with your talent development specialist or call your local center at Santa Maria, 805.614.1550 or Santa Barbara, 805.568.1393.
- Watch this video of our workforce programs for adult job seekers.
- Watch this video introduction of our youth program for young adults.
- For laid off or furloughed workers, this video explains the different resources available to you.
The Workforce Development Board also received several grants to provide job seekers with assistance. These programs provide assistance to workers whose employment was affected due to COVID-19, veterans, youths, etc. Click here to access the flyer that provides information and contact information for the various programs we have available.
Weekly Virtual Webinars
Allan Hancock College Non-Credit Department will be providing webinars as part of the America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) Virtual Services. This will further enhance the quality of our webinars, which have been ongoing since the beginning of the pandemic. These are one-hour, FREE, live employment-related/preparation webinars. Click here for the Weekly Webinar flyer.